Could this be the start of a bear market? The pause before markets continue on up? The fact is that no one is certain. My favourite new investing quote is from Howard Marks, of Oaktree Capital:
“You can’t predict. You can prepare.”
So how do you prepare for the future as an investor? The key is understanding what you are investing in and the potential risks and returns.
If you are looking for an easy-to-understand and clear overview of what you need to know to be a successful investor, take a look at our Investing Workshop at the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies:
We will talk about the world of investing and give you the tools to be prepared for the future. Below are some of the highlights of what will be covered in our 1-day Investing Workshop on Saturday, November 3, 2018:
- Setting your short-term and long-term goals
- Understanding your risk tolerance
- Figuring out what type of investor you are
- Finding the lowest-cost/best-value solution for you
- Staying the course by focusing on the long term
For more information, please get in touch!